A Little About UNITED READERS SERVICE INC.
UNITED READERS SERVICE INC. was established in 1972 in Lakewood, Ohio and has grown tremendously in the sale of magazine subscriptions to businesses and consumers in all 50 states. Since our inception, we have achieved an enviable reputation for integrity and commitment to our customers.
During our 50 plus years, we have set a standard of excellence in providing for millions of satisfied customers their favorite publications through our time-tested convenient service.
Collectively, our senior executives have close to 200 years of successfully marketing the nation's leading general and special interest magazines.
Magazines are now accepted as one of the most universal forms of education, entertainment and leisure time enjoyment. This is a direct result of the respective publishers' expansion into the personalized interest of the American consumer. They target specific magazines to very specific niches and consumer lifestyle preferences.
Nearly Everyone Reads Magazines
Of 166 million adults over 18 years of age, 88% read magazines. On average, they read 11.8 different issues per month.
Of 76.7 million adult males, 86% read magazines. They average 11.1 issues per month.
Of 89.3 million adult women, 91% read magazines. They average 12.3 different issues per month.
statistics provided by Magazine Publishers of America
Customer Service is the key to our success. After the sale is made, our well seasoned customer service staff represents us in an exemplary manner. Through continuous cross-training, they have become adept at all aspects of our business. This, combined with our state-of-the-art equipment, enables us to service the needs of our customers, such as address changes, magazine changes, etc., with efficiency and dispatch.
Every procedure is performed in a consistent manner. We take great care in our training to develop a uniform system of operating. Through this consistency, we're better able to monitor and control the quality of all facets of our business.
The high degree of competence that we develop generates very positive results helping to create a genuinely motivated and success-driven organization.
We are committed to the principles of equal employment opportunity. We maintain a fair and equitable rate of pay for each position according to job responsibilities. Our multifaceted organization provides for various rewarding career opportunities as well as lucrative part-time earning positions.
It Is Our Policy
1. To present our offer courteously and with respect, in the context of a responsible and ethical presentation.
2. To include in our presentation an accurate and clear description of all the publications offered, term of service, and its cost.
3. To service our valued customers with care and integrity.
1. We have successfully operated our business for over 50 years.
2. Ownership of our own clearing house enables us to keep prices to a minimum.
3. We service all 50 states with over 300 magazines to choose from.
4. Complete electronic address change service to all publishers.
5. Guaranteed replacement if magazine ceases publication.
6. Our state-of-the-art electronic communications with publishers provides for quick, efficient service for our customers.
7. We retain well trained and experienced personnel in all departments to assure professionalism and expertise as they advise and service our customers.
8. Customers can order a term of up to five years which freezes their price for a longer period giving them potentially greater savings.
9. We accept all major credit cards for added convenience.
Who We Are
UNITED READERS SERVICE INC.
What We Do
UNITED READERS SERVICE INC., from its beginning, has provided a way for the American family to obtain a selection of its favorite magazines at our lowest possible cost, with prompt delivery and to pay for them as they read and enjoy them (hence the term "paid-during-service").
For example, UNITED READERS SERVICE INC. provides a package offer of usually three to five favorite magazines for up to sixty months at a cost of much less than would be paid if they were bought individually off the store rack.
Magazine availability is important to many readers throughout our United States. Magazines provide the buyer with a full range of news, education, entertainment and pure reading enjoyment, which in turn promotes the sale of merchandise throughout the nation and furnishes employment to a vast number of people.
How We Do It
Our sales are virtually all obtained through comprehensive and professionally conducted telemarketing sales programs.